Richardson Locomotive Jumpstarter
Portable battery system for safe use in starting locomotive engines. Requires approximately six hours charge time when fully depleted. AC Mains options are 120VAC 1-phase 50A or 480VAC 3-phase Wye with Neutral and Ground. Features Safety Smart Start 3 Technology with overheat protection, quick disconnect on chassis, reverse polarity protection, and a battery-saving gauge that prevents damage from heavy discharging and lack of charging.
Transport safety and convenience
- 12ga steel construction; water resistant chassis; waterproof internal components
- Forklift accessible from all 4 sides
- Highway-safe D.O.T. approved AGM batteries
- Thermal insulation provides shock protection
Designed for Safety
- Richardson exclusive Safety Smart Start 3 Technology
- Overheat protection of wiring
- Quick disconnect on chassis
- Reverse polarity protection; Audible and visual alarm indicator
- Safe POWER ON with waterproof simultaneous dual button start
- Red luminated single POWER OFF button
- Large magnetic contactor to guarantee power ON/OFF switching
- Welding grade rubber insulated cable inhibits cable damage
- Dual forced air fan ventilation prevents any heat or battery outgassing buildup
- Built in cable wraps for AC main power cord
- Battery pack supplies nominal 72VDC (locomotive engine running VDC) with CCA rating of 3000 amps
- High capacity for numerous engine starts
- Wide operational temperature range: from -10°F to 130°F discharge to charge
- Approx. six-hour recharge time when fully depleted
- AC Mains options are 120VAC 1-phase 50A or 480VAC 3-phase Wye with Neutral and Ground
- 50ft 4/0 color-coded cable with electrode holders/stingers for easy knife switch connection
- Will start any nominal 64VDC locomotive engine
- Control panel with lamps, push buttons and battery state of charger meter
Jumpstarters are also available to start other railroad equipment and MOW vehicles.
Richardson 30SRC Jumpstarters
RevX-30SRC (rolling chassis model)
Titanll 30SRC (fixed mount model)
Designed to quickly start vehicles ranging from light-duty trucks to heavy equipment multiple times in succession without recharging. The 18-switch side is for starting 12 Volt vehicles up to 18-liter diesels without harming vehicle ECM or its components. The 30-switch side starts 24-volt vehicles up to 30-liter diesels.
Three powerful AGM batteries are pre-installed, tested and ready for use. Richardson’s custom 30 Amp charger provides fast recharges. For optimum results, Richardson recommends keep these Jumpstarters plugged into a 110 outlet when not in use.
- Patented Safety Smart Start Technology provides reverse polarity protection with visible and audible warning before current flows to vehicles.
- Wireless key fob for remote control start enables safe one-person operation.
- No-spark hook up. Overheat protection.
- Digital voltage meter.
- Operating instructions are engraved on the top of each 30SRC units.
- RevX-30S rolling chassis model has 16″ flat free wheels for safe and easy portability.
- 800 Amp all copper clamps with high current to both sides of clamps.
- RevX-30S is equipped with 10′ set of 2/0 cables with 800 Amp copper clamps.
- TitanII-30SRC is equipped with 20′ set of 2/0 cables with 800 Amp copper clamps.
WARRANTY / SUPPORT:
- 100% repairable, plus lifetime live-tech support
- 12-month Full Parts & Labor Warranty on manufacturers defects
- RevX – 45″L x 24″W x 42″H; 330 lbs.
- TitanII – 30″L x 17.5″W x 18.5″H; 270 lbs
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Richardson JB12HD Handheld Jump Box
Starts a wide range of equipment – from 12 Volt to Class 8 diesel engines up to 20 liters – in seconds. Provides multiple consecutive starts without recharging.
- Strongest and safest lithium-polymer (Li-Po) battery pack on the market.
- Operates from -22° F to 131° F; (-30°C to 55°C).
- 660-Watt hours capacity.
- For optimum results, Richardson recommends keep this Jump Box plugged into a 110 outlet when not in use.
- 4′ heavy-duty 2/0 highly flexible welding cable with 800 Amp HD parrot clamps.
- Impact resistant case, up to 1.5 meters on concrete surface.
- IP3 rated water-resistant case.
- Reverse polarity protection with audible alarm and red LED warning light while in off position.
- Over-charge protection, over-deplete protection, and battery-overheat protection
- No spark connection.
- Operating instructions label displayed on every Jump Box.
- Convenient one-person operation for connecting and starting.
- 3-mode LED Light with 300 lumens and 3800 soft white, illuminates up to 24 continuous hours without recharge
- Easy to stow, compact size: 16″W x 9″D x 9″H
- Easy to carry at only 24 lbs. total weight
ADDED CONVENIENCE FEATURES:
- 2 USB Ports for charging CPAP, cell phones, laptops, tablets, and other electronic devices.
- 12 Volt cigarette lighter output for charging various accessories.
WARRANTY / SUPPORT: SERVICE/SUPPORT:
- All parts can be serviced, repaired and/or replaced.
- Warranty – 6 months parts and labor on manufacture defects excluding batteries.
- Assembled in the USA.