Richardson Locomotive Jumpstarter
Portable battery system for safe use in starting locomotive engines. Requires approximately six hours charge time when fully depleted. AC Mains options are 120VAC 1-phase 50A or 480VAC 3-phase Wye with Neutral and Ground. Features Safety Smart Start 3 Technology with overheat protection, quick disconnect on chassis, reverse polarity protection, and a battery-saving gauge that prevents damage from heavy discharging and lack of charging.
Transport safety and convenience
- 12ga steel construction; water resistant chassis; waterproof internal components
- Forklift accessible from all 4 sides
- Highway-safe D.O.T. approved AGM batteries
- Thermal insulation provides shock protection
Designed for Safety
- Richardson exclusive Safety Smart Start 3 Technology
- Overheat protection of wiring
- Quick disconnect on chassis
- Reverse polarity protection; Audible and visual alarm indicator
- Safe POWER ON with waterproof simultaneous dual button start
- Red luminated single POWER OFF button
- Large magnetic contactor to guarantee power ON/OFF switching
- Welding grade rubber insulated cable inhibits cable damage
- Dual forced air fan ventilation prevents any heat or battery outgassing buildup
- Built in cable wraps for AC main power cord
- Battery pack supplies nominal 72VDC (locomotive engine running VDC) with CCA rating of 3000 amps
- High capacity for numerous engine starts
- Wide operational temperature range: from -10°F to 130°F discharge to charge
- Approx. six-hour recharge time when fully depleted
- AC Mains options are 120VAC 1-phase 50A or 480VAC 3-phase Wye with Neutral and Ground
- 50ft 4/0 color-coded cable with electrode holders/stingers for easy knife switch connection
- Will start any nominal 64VDC locomotive engine
- Control panel with lamps, push buttons and battery state of charger meter
Jumpstarters are also available to start other railroad equipment and MOW vehicles.
Richardson RevX-30S (rolling chassis model) are designed to quickly start passenger cars and trucks, class 3-5 trucks, heavy equipment
Richardson Titan ll 30S (fixed mount model) are designed to quickly start vehicles from light duty 12V trucks to 24V heavy equipment (up to 30-liter diesels) multiple times without needing recharge.
Richardson JB12HD Portable (handheld) starts 12 volt systems from gas powered lawnmowers up to a Class 8 – 20L diesel engine in seconds. 22 lbs.